Friday, November 18, 2005

The camera can't capture the color

Today I went for a walk in Hyde park and I brought my camera. It was a crisp, sunny day and I took about 300 pictures. I think I have a problem. ha. I thought I'd share some of the pictures with you.

This guy was raking leaves and wooping them up into the air and I was trying to capture this when he stood and posed for me. hehe. He was very nice and very funny and I didn't get any pictures of the leaves in flight like I wanted. Oh well.

Some of them on the ground.

The statue view of choice.

Tie a ribbon round my branch? I don't know who did this but it made me laugh so I had to take pictures of it.

I like close up things...textures and this is of the chain surrounding that statue up there.

haha. put your camera down and take a picture. I liked this perspective...and it was mostly an accidental picture.

I've decided that I really like benches. And when I die, if someone feels so inclined, I would find a bench set in my memory quite nice, though I wouldn't want the words "in memory of" or "my beloved" or any other epithets traditionally ascribed to dead people. I think it'd be nice if it said "For Shavawn, who was one classy lass." Ha. I'm only joking..I don't want a bench and if someone is going to try to do something in my honor....well give money or time to people who need help. I'm dead! I don't need a bench! *as a side note, I find it quite disturbing that in Hyde Park none of the benches I came in contact with were carved in or graffitied at all, however several of the tree's were. In my logic it goes carve the bench- it's dead, leave the tree alone....though people probably don't carve on the benches because of some sense of reverence for the DEAD person they are in memory of. I've decided if this is still going on when I'm dead, I'm going to start a dead person revolution againsts the carving and graffititing of trees and direct it towards the benches.* man am I nuts or what?

This is what I mean by the camera can't capture the color..this little flower was such a bright magenta that I had to take a picture of it. But then on here, while it is a nice color- it's just not as striking as it was for me. I would really like to have a camera where I can manipulate the lens more. *sigh*

There were fountains, and the water in them had frozen and that was pretty.

another unsatisfying color contrast. Oh well.

Icy fountain. wee.

once again. close up...chain thing. The color on this one turned out quite nicely I think.

Yes and fountains with little cherubim type boys *with very large nostrils...it should be noted* wrestling big fishes. the fish might be my favorite thing carved in stone. He's got attitude and badittude. he is especially nice up close.

So yes. my walk in Hyde park. I shall venture to regents park next, as I live about 7 minutes from it. Woopee!

2 comments:

MorsaJones said...

you should try and turn off the automatic settings on your camera.. most have the option.. look for the manual settings.. then you can play around a little, i think, with the different settings.. the speed and such..

Zack Sheppard said...

I really like the Gutter shot. Nice angles and the leaves are bad ass too.

Also, stop hanging around in gutters, they are not cool places no matter how many songs you have heard romanticising them.